Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My Final Posting for the Semester

This semester has been very educational for me. I learned a lot about virtual communities, blogging, and a lot of other little things that I did not even know were a big part of the internet. As you can see in my first blog post, the word "blog" was greek to me. But, I soon found out that blog is just a shortened version of web log. A little thing, I know. But regardless, I am glad that I know that now.

I also thoroughly enjoyed joining a few online communities and seeing what they had to offer. The two communities I joined at the beginning were writing.com and friendster.com. I initially enjoyed writing.com, but after awhile, it got to be something that I wasn't as interested in, and I didn't click with friendster from the start. I have since checked out a few more. Myspace.com, which is a very well done friendster type community. Some friends of mine encouraged me to sign on and check it out, and it's actually a nice community. The one I had the most fun with was there.com. When I free up some time, that is something that I could easily have a good time with, and get hooked on.

So, anyway, it was a good time, and I think I am going to be more apt to become an active member of a virtual community in the near future. . . . Waldron OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home