Community Concept Paper
For my community concept paper, I will be proposing a community that would benefit script writers and members in the industry looking for talented script writers. The community would be open to any member who would like to submit a piece of their work to be read by other members of the community. Those pieces of work would then be reviewed by these members and rated with feedback given. The feedback would be mainly for the writers themselves, with the ratings (1-10 or something of that nature) being a way for members in the film industry who are also members of the community to find the highest rated, top scripts very easily.
As far as membership requirements, I think it could go a couple of different ways. I think there could be three different types of membership. One being a free membership where members log on and can read and review scripts and share their opinions. Another membership would be a monthly pay membership. This would allow you to post your own work on the site for review. It would be a very low monthy fee, like 2.95/month or something, nothing too crazy. A third membership would also be a free membership where people in the film industry or people looking for talent writers for film or tv could log in and review the top rated pieces. This membership could even be included with the first one.
To keep reviews going, a requirement to post your own work would be that you would have to read and review two scripts / month to keep your membership, or you would not be able to post any of your own work or have access to your reviews. I think this would ensure that everyone's work is getting looked at, and people are reviewing and not just posting with nothing happening.
The main reason I believe this would be a good community is because I feel that there are many people out there aspiring to get their work out there to be read, but just don't have the contacts. I feel this would help those people and at the same time help in finding new talent. I don't have a name for it yet or anything like that, but I do know that if something like this was out there, I would join immediately. Some aspects may change as I get further into the paper, but this is a general idea.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home