Monday, February 07, 2005

Week 3 blog prompt..

So, I joined a couple of online communities this past week, and have been logging on fairly often the last few days trying to get a feel for them. The first one that i joined was Friendster.com. It's a fairly simple online comunity which allows you to search for people in a number of different ways including location, interests, and so on. Although, the only problem I am running into on here is finding friends. It's weird, because it's kind of like walking up to a stranger in a bar or something to initiate a conversation. It feels a little awkward at first. So, after a couple of days, my friend count stands at one. It's just some random person that wrote me. I think they might be looking for a relationship or something, so this friendship might not last long since I am off the market. But we'll see.

The second online community I joined was writing.com. I have done quite a bit of stand up comedy in the past couple of years, and just this past year I wrote my first comedy screenplay and submitted it to a few competitions...but to no avail. I have started writing more recently, and I think this will be an excellent way of getting some of the things I write read, and getting some feedback from other writers. It looks like there are a lot of comedy writers on here too, so that will help. I haven't had a chance to explore this one quite as much yet, but I think this is an online community that I will stick with if things work out. I will update with more as I delve further into the world of online communities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home